Time Out São Paulo

SP visitors' guide: Legal advice and working in São Paulo

The B in Brazil might just be for bureaucracy. Get help with jumping through the bureaucratic hoops of living, working and doing business in Brazil.

Legal advice | Working in São Paulo

Legal advice

Large general practices with English-speaking lawyers include: 
Suchodolski Advogados Associados Rua Augusta 1819, 24th Floor (3372 1300/ suchodolski.com.br)
Ary Oswaldo Mattos Filho Alameda Joaquim Eugênio de Lima 447 (3147 7600/ mattosfilho.com.br)

For English-speaking specialist legal services relating to criminal, labour and consumer law, as well as legal support for opening a business try: 
CTA Law Avenida Brigadeiro Faria Lima 1597, cj. 701, Jardim Paulistano (2361 9022/ ctalaw.com.br)

For immigration assistance try:
Mundie - Contact Nadia Demoliner Lacerda at ndl@mundie.com.br (3040 2924/ mundie.com.br

For assistance with visa application processes try:
Visto Brasil (3141 1031/ vistobrasil.com.br)
Capacitas (3231 3150capacitas.com.br)

Working in São Paulo

A work visa is required to be legally employed in Brazil, and any potential employer will have to apply for one through the Ministry of Labour & Employment (Ministério do Trabalho e Emprego. M.T.E.). Those intending to start a business or invest in one in Brazil will find there are a number of hoops to jump through. For more information and details, contact your embassy or seek advice from a law firm (see legal advice above).

For help navigating the complex web of paperwork for acquiring a visa or setting up a business, chances are the questions have already been asked, and answered, on the active gringoes.com forum.

By Time Out São Paulo editors


blog comments powered by Disqus

Outras notícias recomendadas

São Paulo: Football

Strip club

Interview: Arcade Fire’s Win Butler