Telephone (11) 3105 6899
1 or 3, Sé
The foundations of this historic structure were made from an odd mixture of manure, cows' blood, earth, sand and vegetation – a fact discovered in 1979, when the mission was rebuilt after the construction of the city's metrô system.
It was named after one of the two founding Jesuits, Father Anchieta, and is packed with innumerable examples of fairly run-of-the-mill religious art. The standout sights are the oldest: the mission's first holy-water font and the original 'Terceira Igreja' foundations from 1680, which are also visible from the museum's pleasant café, as well as from the crypt.