Telephone (11) 3667 0499
3, Marechal Deodoro
São Paulo’s second oldest theatre was inaugurated in 1917, becoming the cultural centre of Barra Funda and the surrounding districts. The beautiful neoclassical building first served as a theatre for plays, then as a cinema, and it’s currently a venue for classical music. The theatre underwent a huge refurbishment in the 1990s, reopening in 1998 with modernised lighting and improved acoustics.